Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011: The Making of the Making of

My resolution is something about making things. I'd like to say I'll make something new every day (not including things like a cup of coffee or a bodily function), but I don't want to get disappointed with that a few weeks in and just quit altogether. So instead, I will resolve myself to making things as often as possible, especially when making is cheaper than buying.

Yesterday, I made a long, BRIGHT orange scarf for the fella-- bought some scrap fabric at Hobby Lobby for less than $4 and dug out the sewing kit I've had for years and never actually used. The stitching is wobbly, the hemline is atrocious, but it IS a scarf and I MADE IT.

Today-- and we're going by Central Standard Time here-- I made a blog. Yes, this counts. And we're ahead of schedule, so maybe I'll draw a picture or something when I wake up and stay a step ahead! If nothing else, I'll try to post a picture of the scarf; here's hoping you can't tell it's poorly sewn from the low-quality pictures my laptop takes. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment